Recently I tested The Hyper-V by Microsoft for virtualization.
Pros : Not much, as people says it gives you direct kernel level virtualization (KVM) but in reality it sucks. I don't feel the much difference in performance VirtualBox was even better in peformance.
CONS : -
MS Says that you will get direct kernel access from the virtual machine but, it sucks a lot.
below are the highlight's from my Testing
- No device Level Access
- Wi-Fi will detect as eth (Seriously then why you called it bare metal virtualization)
- Video resolution ( Forget about 2K or 4K it even wont have proper video device management )
- Enhance-session (Never turns up it was grey(even after using kali-tweaks))
- Kali-Tweaks ( Virtualization detected: VirtualBox. Your system is already configured for this virtualization technology. )
- Kali-tweaks ( tried configuring multiple times Multiple reboot's (host & Guest) Still Sucks)
- Desktop managers :- LightDM suicide immediately after knowing Hyper-V is provider
- Network Management :- 100 times wrost than VirtualBox as you have to configure the each virtual network switch for each network.
- USB Pass through not supported.
- You can add the hardware (base hardware to virtual E.G. Alpha card.
In Short, I am doing appwiz.cpl --> Turn on/off feature --> uncheck Hyper-V
Also I think we need to give some time to Microsoft for development as virtualbox is in market since many years.
Now if we compare Hyper-V, it doesn't even come close to Virtualbox 4.0 ;) forget about VB: 6.0
Also this adds so much valuable input.
Post a Comment